3 Things You Need to Know About Having A Plan Manager
Just got your Access Decision from the NDIS? Congratulations! You’re now on your way to getting the supports you need to live your best life.
The next step? Having that all-important planning meeting with your NDIA professional. In preparation for your meeting, you should consider how you would like for your plan to be managed.
When it comes to managing your NDIS plan, you have three options:
- Management by an NDIS Plan Manager. You may opt for all financial aspects of your plan to be managed by a registered plan manager like Blitzit – sort of like having your own NDIS assistant to pay your provider invoices. Learn more about plan management here. To view the range of services an NDIS plan manager like Blitzit provides, click here.
- Self-management. You (or your Plan Nominee) manage all financial administration tasks of your plan on your own. You will be responsible for paying invoices, tracking your NDIS fund and making arrangements with service providers. Learn more about self-management here.
- Management by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). You can only use NDIS registered providers. Your providers claim payment electronically from your funding. You can look on the myplace portal to see what claims providers are making against your NDIS funding and keep track of your budget. Learn more about NDIA management here.
Each participant’s situation is different, so we encourage you to read up on these different options so you can decide which one fits your circumstances the most. If you’re wondering what makes plan management a wise choice for you, we break down three things you need to know below.
1. You won’t be charged extra to engage a plan manager — in fact, the NDIA will add extra to your funding.
If you choose to be plan-managed, all costs will be included by the NDIA through your NDIS plan — there will be no out-of-pocket expenses for you. What the NDIA does is add more funds to your plan to cover the services of a plan manager who will serve as your NDIS financial intermediary.
2. With a plan manager, you can choose any service provider you like, to assist achieve your goals.
The NDIS allocates funds directly to people with disability, which gives them greater choice and control over the providers whose supports and services they wish to support them.
Plan management offers you greater choices to utilize both registered and unregistered providers to fulfill your services and support.
3. Plan Manager provides you the tools to easily track your funds without the hassle.
Plan management leaves all these tasks in the hands of a professional, thus giving you more time to live the life you want.
To provide transparency, plan managers will often have an online system in place that allows you to easily track your spending. For instance, the Blitzit Online Portal offers you a customised view into your NDIS-allocated budget, allowing you to monitor your budget, check invoices processed and paid, and view your balance in one easy-to-use online space. Furthermore, with a plan manager, you get access to assistance on how to spend your funds.
Self-managing can be quite a challenge because you have to be on top of all your invoices, claims and records yourself. With NDIA management you will be required to login to your MyGov Portal. Plan Management manages everything for you.
Think plan management is the right choice for you?
We understand if you have questions before you proceed. We’d be happy to answer them for you. Contact us for a chat at 1300 966 119, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up now Need more time to think about it? No worries. You can learn more information and receive updates on our services by signing up for our newsletter here.
With current COVID restrictions forcing organisations and support providers to postpone programs and events, your plans for outings and activities may have to be put on hold. Thankfully, there are many ways you can still have fun, enriching experiences within the four walls of your home.
As NDIS plan managers, our goal at Blitzit is to make life on the NDIS easier for you. We streamline the process of setting up, managing and tracking your NDIS plan so you can be free from the hassles of navigating the NDIS — which any participant knows can be a lot to take in.
Minister for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, Stuart Robert, has issued a media release on 19 November 2020 confirming NDIS participants in South Australia have access to a range of temporary measures to ensure they can receive their disability-related supports, in line with public health advice.
The beauty of your NDIS plan is that it is made especially for you. Depending on your unique situation and the supports you’re already receiving, as an NDIS participant, you can get funded supports ranging from transport to therapies to employment assistance to home modifications.
If you’re an NDIS participant, you probably already know that plan management is one of your options when it comes to managing your NDIS fund.